The function in sitting test is a bedside evaluation of sitting balance – sensory, motor, proactive, reactive, & steady state.
- 4 = Independent (completes task independently & successfully)
- 3 = Verbal cues/increased time (completes task independently & successfully and only needs more time/cues)
- 2 = Upper extremity support (must use UE for support or assistance to complete successfully)
- 1 = Needs assistance (unable to complete w/o physical assist; document level: min, mod, max)
- 0 = Dependent (requires complete physical assist; unable to complete successfully even w/physical assist)