Your Occupational TherapyCareer Begins Here
Considering a career in Occupational Therapy? You've come to the right place!
If helping people is your calling, then keep reading...
Job Growth & Security
Not a Job. A Career.
Meaning & Purpose
Not a Desk Job
Variety & Creativity
Community & Service
Occupational therapy is the only profession that helps people across the lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations).
Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent or live better with injury, illness, or disability.
—American Occupational Therapy Association
Start your OT Career in 1-2-3
2. Pre-OT Online Course
- Occupational Therapy Defined
- The Perception of Occupational Therapy in Society
- Is Occupational Therapy Effective?
- A Challenge Faced by Occupational Therapists
- Bachelor’s and Doctorate Degree Mandate
- Credentials and Alphabet Soup
- OT vs COTA
- Job Description
- Work Environments
- Daytime Outpatient Mental Health
- OT Job Description
- Addressing Job Burnout
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- ADL Interventions Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs)
- Rest and Sleep
- Social Participation
- Introduction to Theories
- Person-Environment-Occupation (PEO)
- Model of Human Occupation (MOHO)
- Biomechanical & Rehabilitative
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Patient or Client?
- Code of Ethics
- Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF)
- Active & Empathetic Listening
- Occupational Profile
- Occupation as Means and as End
- Top-Down vs. Bottom-Up
- Teaching Methods
- Remediation vs. Compensation
- Just-Right Challenge & Grading
- Levels of Assistance
How to Become an OT
- Research and Preparation
- Prerequisites and Requirements
- Volunteering (Shadowing) Hours
- School Applicant Interview Capstone Project
- Fieldwork Overview
- Level I Fieldwork
- Level II Fieldwork
- Fieldwork Placement
- OT Board Exam (NBCOT)
Great information visually appealing and explanations for defining criteria.
Taking this course has completely blown me away. It is a blessing and it is amazingly informative, well put, and provides understanding about Occupational Therapy on a different level...Since beginning this course, it has certainly changed my quality of life. After this course, I hope to study Occupational Therapy.
Very comprehensive course from the basics- to the detailed inside career tips. Videos are well made and easy to follow. Recommend this to anyone interested in OT!
Very informative course taught by an occupational therapist for anyone interested in the profession. Clear, concise, and engaging content!
Learned a lot about OT. Nicely made videos and extras. Worth the price!
Absolutely loved this course. The way it was taught was amazing! I learned so much. The bonus materials are great too.