Open Availability for December 2022!
Thank you for being interested in becoming a guest on the OT Dude Podcast!
- The mission of OT Dude is to increase awareness of the profession of occupational therapy.
- This podcast is listened to and watched by students, therapists, educators, researchers, healthcare professionals, and the general public.
Evolving Themes for this Podcast
- Helping our audience to live richer, fuller, more meaningful lives – personally and professionally.
- What are you most passionate about?
- What are your dreams?
- What are some stories that our audience would benefit from hearing (personal, professional)?
Topics I am Especially Interested In
Major points for guests who have experience or would like to talk about these topics (in no particular order). Here’s what it’s like to be inside my head of OT:
- Advocacy, Lobbying
- Payment systems and insurance
- Pain – anything related, e.g., education, treatment, lived experiences, research
- Mental health interventions and theory
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Capstone projects, Thesis, Dissertations
- Those who failed the NBCOT and how they eventually passed
- Teenagers and OT
- OT overseas outside of the US
- Research, Evidence-Based Practice, Evidence-Informed Practice – bonus points for finding and using a research article (can be your own published work too!)
- OCD and OCPD
- Family estrangement
- Atypical OT settings and experiences
- Assistive technology
- OT Entrepreneurs
- Systematic Reviews
- Emerging practice areas
- Outdated practice interventions that are not evidence-based
- Aging in place
- OT Theory and Frameworks
- Outcome measures
- Imposter syndrome
- OT in popular culture
- Stories about failure and overcoming (OT or not)
- Creative therapies and occupations for therapy, e.g., dance, animal-assisted, VR
- Interdisciplinary and other professions (SLP, LMFT, Social Work, etc.)
- Policy and changes
- Professors and Educators (active or retired)
- Resources that are out there that people don’t know about
- Being a mentor or fieldwork educator
- Traveling OT
- Aha moments
- Success stories and feedback from patients, family, parents.
- Rare conditions (mental or physical)
- Cool mneumonics for difficult topics
- Deep philosophical topics like what’s the purpose of life? Death and suffering at an early age.
- Autism – both lived experience and therapist insights; teenagers and adults
Of course, almost any topic is welcome as well so I still encourage you to fill out the form below even if it’s not on the list.
Nervous or Anxious?
I’ve been there when I was a guest on my first podcast. I sometimes get nervous myself on my own podcast. And I’ve been told even some regular podcast hosts themselves also get a little nervous. It’s a totally common emotion. Probably a protective response or emotion so we don’t embarrass ourselves in public right? Like public speaking.
But here are some reasons to make you feel about being a guest on the show (or any for that matter).
- You will have plenty of time to prepare.
- You will know the questions ahead of time.
- Some guests like to script their responses or refer to their talking points.
- The podcast is not live.
- It is edited by me. I take out mistakes, extra long silences where you need to think of responses, etc. You’ll even see me doing this myself 🙂
- If there’s a part you specifically want taken out after the recording that you thought of I can do that. Just don’t be too perfectionist about it though or we’ll just end up with my talking bits. 🙂
- If you need to restart a thought or sentence, it’s totally fine. (I take the best take)
- My goal is to edit it to make you shine and look/sound like a star.
- The format is totally informal and chill. It’s not an interview… but like a conversation between friends where I try to connect with you and learn your story.
Hope this helps! So I highly encourage you to still submit a request if you are even a little bit interested in being a guest on the podcast.
How to Be a Guest!
If this resonates with you and you are interested, please fill out the form below to get started! As a guest on the podcast, you will have both your audio and video recorded to be published online.
Feel free also to share this page with a friend if you think they would be a good candidate to be on the show.
If I don’t respond to your request within a few days, it just means that I’m likely back logged. I’ll respond to you either way so no need to submit multiple requests. Thanks for your patience.