What is a Badge Reel?
You probably have seen your colleagues and peers wear them. A badge reel has a clip to hold your ID badge. The most important feature that will change your life is the fact that the ID is retractable. Retractable IDs allow you to conveniently stand or sit where you are, use your PNF strategies to grab your ID and pull it towards a badge-in system to gain entry through a door or conveniently log on to computers. OT life hack. Nurses wear them. Therapists wear them. Some doctors wear them. Pretty much all healthcare staff wears them. While I have seen them been used by healthcare providers, retractable ID badge reels can be useful for any employee who wears a name badge.
The badge reels sold in our store:
- Are custom made in the USA.
- Contain high-resolution prints. We start with a high-resolution image file and print from a professional photo printer at 300+ DPI on high quality and bright paper.
- 360 Degree swivel Alligator Clip allows the ID to be pulled from any direction – left, right, upside down, etc.
- 24 inch Cord Length (60cm) allows you to pull to arm’s length.
- Includes button-snap ID Holder – Inner Size 1-1/4 x 3 Inch (3.2 x 8 cm).
- Are cleanable for infection control. This is very important as you’ll find some pretty cool looking badge reels online made out of materials such as felt, but this is a big NO-NO. These surfaces are not easily cleanable and are a nightmare for bacteria, viruses, etc. In the current state of COVID-19, I recommend that anyone who wears these badges change them out for ones with non-porous and easier to clean surfaces.
- Color: Black base, Black cord, & Clear plastic ID holder
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Lightweight (less than 1 ounce)
About Our Products
When we googled “occupational therapy badge reel”, we were disappointed with the lack of OT products for students, new grads, and practitioners. My wife was looking for a badge reel to give me as a gift and spent a day looking online through Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, personal websites, etc., but was unable to find anything that she liked. I searched for them myself and was also disappointed with the selection. That’s how I got the idea to start the OT Dude store.
Do you make these yourself?
Yes! We design (even customize with your name on some), print, and assemble these ourselves. They are made in the USA. My cats help supervise the process and ensure the highest quality control. The biggest challenge with making these is minimizing the amount of dust and specs that show up under the mylar button.
How do I get one and why should I buy from you?
We decided to venture into the product space as a means to promote our vision. OT Dude continues to provide research-based resources for patients, therapists, new graduates, students, and the general public to advance the field of occupational therapy; improve health outcomes, and enable individuals to have the highest quality of life through engagement of occupations. We hope to raise awareness of the profession of occupational therapy through these and future cool products. The profits from sales will help to support web hosting fees, licensing fees, research, and my primary passion for blogging to provide free articles for you all.
Thank you for your support!